Pages

Thursday 3 March 2011

Further Prep

First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you because I have been telling you that I raced on Sunday. I lied. I did not race. The reason being that my entry got in late. However, the organiser called and left a message on my home phone saying that I could race, since the was space on the start list. The Really ironic thing is that I did not check my answer machine until Sunday evening, after the race had started, been raced and won. I guess I can say that the only upside of this episode is that I got a bit more practise with my gears on my new bike, and I did the full Buckden run on Saturday. Now whether the Buckden run was better training that a race can only be guessed and I shall find out on Saturday, when I am certainly racing. 


Now this race on Saturday, the Eddie Soens Memorial, is being held at Aintree Racecourse , and I am certainly doing this one, since my name is on the start list. 
Course profile is flat as a pancake and in essence the race is just basically a really long criterium. However the pros will make it difficult and I'm hoping my new bike, coupled with these amazing deep-section carbon tubulars wheels will pay dividends during the onslaught. 


In training news, I haven't been doing too much this week because I'm tapering for this race on Saturday, however, I did manage to get out with Joe Moses yesterday for a deceivingly hard session on the hills and flat, even though I managed to get home at nine pm due to Joe's puncture and my freewheel failure. 


That's all from me this week, and once again, thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment