Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

This Year Thus Far

I'm happy to say that my efforts and achievements during the previous year's season didn't go unnoticed. I applied to the Dave Rayner Fund and the kind folks at the charity have agreed to sponsor me for three months in Belgium during the summer. The Fund supports aspiring riders living in Britain and Ireland by sponsoring them to live and race abroad where the passion for racing an cycling is woven into the fabric of society, especially in Belgium. I'm very grateful for the support and belief the fund has invested in me.
In the off season Dirtwheels ceased to be and local bike superstore All Terrain Cycles have taken me under their wing. In addition to high quality Endura Equipe team kit they have also given me the Giant Advanced SLR 1 as the team bike. Initial thoughts about the bike are good. It climbs well and handling is superb. I have yet to test it out in the bunch sprints and no doubt the Cipo has set the bar high.





Meeting my new team mates.
University is now winding up and lectures have finished with the main exam season approaching fast in May. Base training has finished and speed work has begun. A bit late in the year I know but I've been having to rearrange my life around university and studying. I finally think I've struck a balance.
I'll begin racing soon, both time trial and road. My Cipollini RB1000 has been converted into a TT bike and I aim to break the into the coveted 19 minute league for a ten mile.


That's me up to date now and I hope to see some of you out on the roads, circuits and pubs!

Whilst searching for unique roads to cycle over, I noticed there is a distinct lack of information out there on the Internet, made more alarming by the fact that the Tour is coming to Yorkshire this year. Surely the organisers would have pointed out some special roads for the many tourist cyclists that will descend onto God's own county. Every so often I'll write a post about a special road that deserves the attention of cyclists after a challenge. Out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment